Keep Your Driving Record Clean with Help from Traffic Lawyers in Pekin IL
Driving is a crucial part of the working adult’s life, whether commuting to work or driving to a relative’s house. Thus, it’s just as vital to ensure your driving record stays as clean as possible. Too many negative marks and you risk severe penalties and potential license revocation. If this is a prospect you find yourself facing, be sure to reach out to Stephens Fiddes McGill & Associates, P.C. Our traffic lawyers for Pekin IL can represent you in court and challenge traffic violations.
What Our Team Covers
As experienced traffic attorneys for Central Illinois, Stephens Fiddes McGill & Associates represents clients with various traffic violations. For example, our lawyers manage cases involving:
- Non-Moving Violations – Most non-moving violations are minor infractions. However, if too many of these violations are on your record, you risk more severe penalties. Examples of non-moving violations include parking tickets, driving on with an expired license, parking in a fire lane, parking in a handicap spot without proper permits, etc.
- Moving Violations – Any violation that involves you when you’re physically driving your vehicle is considered a moving violation. Such violations cover a wide range of severities. Notably, the moving violations we cover include speeding, running red lights/stop signs, hit and runs, reckless driving, failure to signal, and others.
- Driving Under the Influence – DUIs are commonly classified as moving violations. However, the severity of a DUI puts it in a class of its own. And in Illinois, the penalties for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are especially steep. Such penalties include but aren’t limited to significant fines, license suspension or revocation, and possible jail time.
How We Handle Your Case
Our traffic lawyers for Pekin IL take several approaches to your case when fighting potential traffic violations. After an initial consultation with our team, we will determine the best avenue for your case to reach a positive result. For instance, our team will:
- Evaluate all evidence – We will take a detailed approach to analyze the evidence and testimony surrounding your case. If we conclude that there’s not enough evidence to support your wrongdoing, we will either submit for a dismissal of charges or argue our stance in court.
- Represent your side in court – By merely having an attorney represent your side of a case in traffic court, you give your argument more credibility in front of a judge.
- Provide a thorough defense – Using the evidence and testimony we gather, we will argue against the reasoning for traffic violations. Or, for cases involving accidents, we will help disprove your fault for any harm or damage caused as the result of a collision.
- Uncover evidence of wrongdoing – Sometimes, in evaluating the evidence of your case, we uncover wrongdoing or mishandling on the part of the officers involved. For example, our team can help prove if proper arrest procedures weren’t followed, there was no probable cause for pulling you over or if a sobriety test was improperly administered.
Talk with Our Team
To give yourself the best chance at a positive outcome for your traffic case and ensure your driving record stays clean, you need the help of traffic lawyers for Pekin IL. Be sure to call Stephens Fiddes McGill & Associates, P.C. today. You can contact us at 309-637-5297 to request a free case evaluation. Also, we are located at 456 Fulton St, Ste 222, Peoria, IL 61602.