The Friendly Workers’ Compensation Attorney of Bloomington IL
Illinois law is clear in its protection of workers under employment law. However, not all employers abide by those laws. The unfortunate truth is, many employees are cheated out of the benefits they deserve under workers’ compensation. If you find yourself dealing with such a situation, a workers’ compensation attorney in Bloomington IL can help your cause. As such, Stephens Fiddes McGill and Associates, P.C. can lend a hand.
At Stephens Fiddes McGill and Associates, P.C., we dedicate ourselves to ensuring fair treatment by your employer. Whether you don’t receive enough compensation, aren’t being compensated at all or are being retaliated against for seeking compensation, our team of professionals can help. We have the experience you need to fight insurers and big businesses that refuse to pay you what you’re owed.
How to Handle Your Workers’ Comp Case
So we can get a better handle on your case, and so you can cover all your bases, it’s best to make sure you’ve taken all the proper steps before receiving your workers’ compensation. From there, we can further push your claim in the correct direction.
- Report Your Injury – Don’t wait too long to report your workplace injury after receiving it. Under Illinois law, you only have a period of a few months to apply for workers’ compensation. Otherwise, you risk losing out on benefits.
- Comply with Employer Requests – Often, your employer will require you to visit doctors part of their insurance program to confirm an injury and the seriousness of it. Make sure you comply with these requests but still get a second opinion from your personal doctors.
- Visit Your Doctor – Talk with your doctor about your work injury. Learn what the accident has cost your health and discuss the path to recovery, what you are still able to do, etc. Your doctor should give you a better idea of what your employer should provide in your compensation claim.
- Get Legal Advice – At the point where you’ve gone through every step to qualify for workers’ compensation, and your employer presents you with an offer, it’s best to talk with your workers’ compensation attorney. We can help determine what a fair offer. Moreover, we can ensure your employer appropriately compensates you for life-threatening or permanently debilitating injuries.
Representation for All Your Legal Claims
The team at Stephens Fiddes McGill and Associates, P.C. develop extensive representation for not only those seeking a workers’ compensation attorney in Bloomington IL but for other legal matters. The practices our law firm has a thorough knowledge of includes:
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Probate Law
- Social Security Disability
- Traffic Law
- Real Estate Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Family Law
Contact Our Lawyers
Find the proper resolution for your workplace injury when you hire a workers’ compensation attorney in Bloomington IL from Stephens Fiddes McGill and Associates, P.C. Contact us today at 309-637-5297 for a free case evaluation. Also, we are located at 456 Fulton, Ste 222, Peoria, IL 61602.